Sandwich Loaf Bread Recipe26 Aug 2021
This is an easy mid-week loaf of bread based on Joshua Weissman's video.
- 125g whole milk
- 175g water
- 440g of strong white bread flour
- 8g of yeast
- 8g of salt
- 21g of sugar
- 30g of softened butter
- Mix 125g of milk and 175g of water in a saucepan and heat to ~36C.
- Mix 440g of bread flour, 8g of yeast, 8g of salt and 21g of sugar in a mixer bowl.
- Mix the warm milk/water mixture with the dry ingredients in a mixer for ~10mins. At the 2min mark add the 30g of softened butter.
- Take the dough out of the mixing bowl, shape into a ball (as best as you can) and return to the mixing bowl.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise until doubled in size - normally takes about an hour at room temperature.
- Once doubled in size, punch it down to release some of the built up gas.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle about 20cm by 30cm. Roll this rectangle up into a cylinder.
- Place the cylinder into a lightly oiled loaf tin, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise for a second time - this time about 45mins.
- Bake in 180 degree oven for 35 to 40 mins.
Leave to stand before eating - or don't (it normally smells too good to not eat straight out of the oven).