Ragu alla Bolognese Recipe16 Jan 2021
My go-to recipe for spag bol sauce.
- 500g beef mince (not too lean - fat is tasty)
- 250g pancetta chopped (bacon will also do)
- 85g carrot finely chopped (normally ~1 carrot)
- 85g celery finely chopped
- 85g onion finely chopped (one medium onion)
- 50g tomato paste
- 210ml red or white wine
- 300ml milk
- Heat a bit of oil in a large saucepan and add 250g of chopped pancetta. Cook until the pancetta starts to release it's fat.
- Add all the finely chopped vegetables (85g of carrot, celery and onion). Cook until onion is transparent
- Add 500g of mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add 50g tomato paste and 210ml of red or white wine and mix through.
- Add 300ml milk and mix through.
- Cook, covered and stiring occationally, for 2 to 3 hours. The longer the better.
Serve with pasta or store - this is one of those dishes that tastes best a couple of days later.